The Yolt App ("App") provided by ING Bank NV ("we", "us" or "ING") offers personal financial management services. Further details are set out in our App Terms.
What personal data do we use?
We may collect and use the following information about you:
- Information you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on, or interacting with, the App, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, and information about your financial circumstances (including your bank account details, credit cards details, and details of your banking transactions).
- Information from others: We will collect data from your Providers and others and, in doing so, may collect information which would enable us to draw inferences about you which the law considers to be 'sensitive personal data'. For example, if you have a payment for membership of a particular political party, this could reveal your political beliefs. Accordingly, if this is information which is not generally known about you (eg it is not information that you would share with colleagues or on social media) then we recommend that you ask the payee to change the reference in the payments.
- Information we collect from you: When you use the App we may automatically collect technical information (including IP address, device details and your login information) and information about each visit you make to the App (such as page response times and length of visit).
What do we use your personal data for?
We may use the personal data about you to:
- deliver the App services to you – these are described in the App Terms;
- enable you to use the services of other service providers whose services are displayed in the App (for example, comparison services);
- improve and assess the use of the App;
- help us identify people like you that might enjoy the App;
- perform research and trend analysis;
- manage your User Login and provide you with support;
- take action if we need to rely upon our rights under the App Terms;
- provide you with updates about ING and the App;
- run competitions that you enter;
- prevent fraudulent use of the App and to reduce ING’s risks; and
- comply with laws and regulations, as well as any sector-specific guidelines and regulations.
Where do we store your personal data?
Transmitting information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the security of your personal information transmitted to us, to or from any bank, or to or from any other third party, either by email or via the App, cannot be guaranteed. Any transmission is at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal information, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility under the data protection laws.
Protecting your account information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclose, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and operational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect about you. In particular, we protect your information by deploying SSL and high standard encryption algorithms.
To help us protect your information, you agree to comply with our security policies and procedures that we notify to you from time to time.
You also agree to take all reasonable steps to prevent the unauthorised or fraudulent use of your User Login. If you suspect that anyone else knows your username or PIN code, you must tell us at email@example.com.
Third party sites and services associated with Yolt
We will use your personal data to enable you to use the services of other service providers that are displayed in the App (for example, comparison website operators).
The App uses tokens with an expiry time to collect information about your use of the App. We use this information to:
- provide you with a good experience when you use our App;
- for technical purposes essential to the operation of the App; and
- time visits to the App and time spent using certain functions.
We may allow third parties to provide analytics services on our behalf. Such third parties track and examine the use of the App to prepare reports on its activities. This information may also be used to track or analyse data.
We use well-known advertising platforms to tell you about the App. If you click through such an advert and agree to the App Terms, an automated process will confirm to the advertising platform that you have signed up to the App and how much you use the App.
If you do not wish your use of the App to be tracked in this way, we recommend that you do not use the App. By continuing to use the App, you are agreeing to our use of these tracking mechanisms.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at the address further below. In later versions of the App we plan to allow you to do this through the App settings.
The data protection laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Our support and complaints processes can be found in the App Terms.
ING has its registered office at Bijlmerplein 888, 1102 MG Amsterdam, the Netherlands and is entered in the Amsterdam Trade Register under no. 33031431. ING is registered with De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) and the Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM) in the Register of Credit Institutions and Financial Institutions. ING is also regulated by the Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM). Information on the regulation of ING can be obtained from DNB (www.dnb.nl), AFM (www.afm.nl) or ACM (www.acm.nl). We are not providing regulated services to you through the App.
If we move Yolt into another company then we will update these contact details and your personal data will be passed to that company to enable them to continue providing Yolt for you.