Here’s how to verify your identity in Yolt
Whether you’re one of our Yolt veterans or just checking us out for the first time, we’re thrilled to have you on board! It’s been an exciting journey so far and we’re super excited to share that we’re taking some of the next big steps. That’s right, the Yolt app is growing up!
You may have heard that we’ve got some exciting features in the pipeline for 2019. From Yolt Pay to Goal Tracking, you can read all about them right here. But with big changes comes new obligations and regulations, and, in order to deliver these exciting new features, we’re now asking you to verify your identity in order to use Yolt.
That’s where Know Your Customer comes in
Identity Verification comes as part of a European-wide regulatory requirement called Know Your Customer, or KYC. You can read more about it here, but, in a nutshell, it aims to make the finance sector better for everyone by cracking down on money laundering and fraud.
We realise it sounds intense, but verifying your identity is a pretty standard process –you may have come across it before when signing up for a bank account, from your classic high street banks to your favourite digital challengers. Essentially, we just need to know that you are who you say you are.
Ready to get started?
Great! We’ve worked hard to make the whole process as seamless as possible, and, all in all, the whole thing should only take you about five minutes. . .
To verify your ID just follow these quick steps:
1. Make sure you have an official photo ID handy; this can be a passport, driving license, ID card, paper ID, or residence card.
2. Next, open Yolt and head to the Accounts tab. At the top of your screen, you should see a big notification - tap the blue ‘Verify me now’ button to get started. . .
3. Snap a selfie – don’t worry, it won’t see the light of day! We just need it to cross check against your photo document. We love a good laugh, but no pulling any silly faces, please…and no photos of your friends, pets, or Darth Vader (it sounds intense, but that’s technically fraud!).
4. Answer a few quick questions. Again, this is just for a few cross checks to verify you’re you, like your name, gender, and address.
5. To wrap up, we just need a photo of that ID we mentioned in step one. As we said, this can be your driving licence, passport, or residence permit.
Your Identity Verification Results
We’ll send you an email and a push notification when it’s time to check back into Yolt. If there were any errors in your submission, we’ll let you know so you can correct them and resubmit your ID verification. Otherwise, you’ll see a ‘Verification Complete!’ screen letting you know you’re all set to go forth and enjoy Yolt to the full! Hoorah!
Having other issues? Check out all of our FAQs here.
How Yolt stores your data
When it comes to your data and Yolt, the key things to remember are:
1. We only store your data in the EU and under strict European data protection rules.
2. We do not sell your data to other parties.
That’s a wrap! If you still have any unanswered questions about Yolt’s identity verification, you can find lots of handy info in our FAQs. You can also reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.