Yolt is the smart-thinking money app on a mission to make money easy: You can sync your accounts together in one place, track your spending across different categories, set budgets, and look for deals with our growing list of in-app connections – and we have lots of exciting new features planned, too. With our mission in place, we launched in 2017 and haven’t looked back. With over half a million registered users across the UK, France and Italy, we’re working hard to empower our users every day.
Innovation is our driving force: We’re leveraging the power of PSD2 and Open Banking to deliver the most innovate money app on the market. This year, Yolt was awarded the Excellence in Innovation award at the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, 2018 and the Most Innovative Java Project at NLJUG, 2018!
About the team
You'll join a team of highly skilled and inspiring people, from developers to copywriters, united in our mission to build Yolt, work hard, and celebrate our successes. As a venture of ING N.V., we operate in a unique space – backed by the power of a large multinational bank and driven by the entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up. We want to grow our team even further and help us bring Yolt to the next 500,000 people!
What you will be doing as an Android Engineer:
You work within a team of DevOps, UX and business colleagues to develop an outstanding customer proposition.
You have strong knowledge and experience in designing, building and maintaining a native Android application from scratch. The app has to be quality controlled by fully automated tests for which you are responsible as well. We use Kotlin for all new features of the app.
Visual aspets of the app are really important to us so, experience in this domain is required.
Furthermore, as we will be handling sensitive customer data, knowledge and experience about security (eg. encryption, SSL) would be really appreciated.
We work according to a SCRUM Agile development process releasing a new version of the app frequently.
What we are looking for in an Android Engineer:
- Bsc. in Computer Science or relative field
- 2-3 years of Java development experience
- 3+ years of native Android development experience
- Experience with RxJava, Kotlin and MVVM (Data binding)
- Experience with test driven development & test automation
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication skills and teamplaying abilities
- Experienced in Agile / scrum or scrum master
- Experience in user interface development (visual aspects of the app are really important for us)
- You are familiar with continuous Integration tools like: GIT, GitLab CI, Sonar and Gradle
- Experience in writing UI tests with Espresso
- You have knowledge of XML, JSON, web-services, security. Knowledge of HTML5, Mobile Web, App technology and DexGuard / Proguard.
- Already located in The NL
- Interested in a permanent contract
What's in it for you:
- Flexible hours
- Ability to travel to other sites and get to know the local teams and culture
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING
If you can see yourself in one of Europe’s most innovative teams, apply today. We're looking forward to hearing from you!