Yolt, the smart thinking money app, is on a mission to empower everyone to be smart with their money. With our mission in place, we launched in 2017 and haven’t looked back. With over half a million registered users across the UK, France and Italy, we’re working hard to empower our users every day.
Innovation is our driving force: We’re leveraging the power of PSD2 and Open Banking to deliver the most innovative money app on the market. This year, Yolt was awarded the Excellence in Innovation award at the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, 2018.
About the team
You'll join a team of highly skilled and inspiring people, from copywriters to developers, united in our mission to build Yolt, work hard, and celebrate our successes. As a venture of ING N.V., we operate in a unique space – backed by the power of a large multinational bank and driven by the entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up. We want to grow our team even further and help us bring Yolt to the next 500,000 people!
About being our Mid-weight Copywriter
We need an enthusiastic, creative, goal-orientated and personable team-mate who will join us on our mission to grow Yolt in the UK, Italy, France and beyond. You will work centrally within the marketing team to manage and maintain all Yolt copy.
We’re looking for someone passionate about words and visuals. With a focus on in-app communications, email, organic and performance media, along with bigger campaigns, too - you should be able to think (and write) outside of the box to connect with our current and potential users. You should be a copy-pro and be used to delivering high-quality, on-demand copy, under tight deadlines and in line with Financial and advertising regulatory guidelines.
What you’ll be busy doing:
- Being the lead on Yolt copy alongside our team of brand guardians to help realise our KPIs
- Creating, editing and owning copy across all touch-points including the app
- Using insights into customer demographics to produce targeted and relevant copy for both organic and paid media
- Defining and refining messaging for our blossoming B2B proposition
- Presenting innovative ideas to elevate the Yolt brand
- Creating both long and short form content – from blog editorial to push notifications
- Collaborating within a small team and managing copy direction in line with the marketing strategy
- Maintaining a consistent tone and style appropriate for target group and brand
- Working closely with Art Directors, Graphic Designers and UX designers to marry copy and design
- Working with translators both internally and externally to translate copy
- A degree or equivalent qualification
- 3-5 years’ experience in copywriting for international brands and publications
- Fintech experience
- Experience of European markets outside of the UK
- Use of tools; CMS platforms, Sketch, Hootsuite, Photoshop, Lokalise (or other app copy tools)
- Second language skills
Essential: Creative / Excellent Communicator / Relationship Builder / Goal-orientated / Pro-active / Team player