Yolt is the smart-thinking money app on a mission to make money easy: You can sync your accounts together in one place, track your spending across different categories, set budgets, and look for deals with our growing list of in-app connections – and we have lots of exciting new features planned, too. With our mission in place, we launched in 2017 and haven’t looked back. With over half a million registered users across the UK, France and Italy, we’re working hard to empower our users every day.
Innovation is our driving force: We’re leveraging the power of PSD2 and Open Banking to deliver the most innovate money app on the market. This year, Yolt was awarded the Excellence in Innovation award at the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, 2018 and the Most Innovative Java Project at NLJUG, 2018!
About the team
You'll join a team of highly skilled and inspiring people, from developers to copywriters, united in our mission to build Yolt, work hard, and celebrate our successes. As a venture of ING N.V., we operate in a unique space – backed by the power of a large multinational bank and driven by the entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up. We want to grow our team even further and help us bring Yolt to the next 500,000 people!
What you'll be doing as a Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer you work in a team with other data analysts and scientists. You have a strong engineering background, preferably with experience in building and maintaining distributed systems. You are proficient on the JVM (Scala and Java) but preferably also have experience productionizing machine learning models in collaboration with the data scientists. You will be working on our streaming data enrichment pipeline which consists of microservices working with Kafka and Cassandra with the goal to enrich transaction data.
Currently a part of our environment uses Hadoop but we are transitioning towards our container platform in Kubernetes. Furthermore we are looking for a candidate with experience setting-up and working with cloud solutions like AWS Redshift.
What we're looking for in a Data Engineer
- You have at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience as a (data) engineer and have worked in complex organizations delivering production ready software
- Experience in Scala, Python and Spark
- Experience with a microservices architecture and container platforms like Kubernetes
- Good social and communication skills
- Self-starting with an entrepreneurial spirit.
What's in it for you:
- Flexible hours
- Ability to travel to other sites and get to know the local teams and culture
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people