We’re on a mission to give everyone the power to be smart with their money. We encourage and inspire people to think differently about money, to take control and adapt to life’s twists and turns. In other words, Yolt does the hard work, so our users can Unthink money. We live and breathe our core values: being frontrunners, switched on and trusted.
Yolt is the multi award-winning app that makes managing money, easy. At the forefront of innovation enabled by PSD2 and powered by open banking technology, our smart thinking money app gives users a clear overview of their connected bank accounts, credit cards and spending together in one place. After launching in the UK June 2017, then France and Italy in 2018 we quickly reached 1 million registered users; giving them all the tools to spend smart, save smart and reach their goals.
What we’re looking for:
We’re after enthusiastic, driven individuals who want to want to contribute to our journey and grow with us along the way. Can you hit the ground running? Do you have the drive to go faster? Fintech is fast-paced, but we always remember to switch off too.
Reporting into the Brand and Marketing Director, our Digital Copywriter manages and maintains all Yolt copy. Using insights from our real users, alongside research and own experience to define and create compelling copy that achieves set business targets. Passionate about words and visuals with a focus on multi-touch point communications; customer care, email, organic and performance media, along with bigger campaigns, too.
Able to implement new tools where necessary to test copy variants and deliver the best performing. Thinking (and writing) outside of the box to connect with our current and potential users. Responsible for delivering high-quality, on-demand copy, under tight deadlines.
More in detail:
- Being the lead on Yolt copy alongside our team of brand guardians to help realise our brand KPIs
- Creating, editing and owning copy across all touchpoints
- Responsible for hands-on aspect of posting content across channels
- Using insights into customer demographics to produce targeted and relevant copy for both organic and paid media
- Defining and refining messaging for Yolt Technology Services
- Presenting innovative ideas to elevate the Yolt brand further
- Using SEO expertise to inform content direction
- Creating both long and short form content – from blog editorial to push notifications
- Collaborating within a small team and managing copy direction in line with the marketing strategy
- Maintaining a consistent tone and style appropriate for our target group and brand, across all channels
- Working closely with Art Directors, Graphic Designers and UX designers to marry copy and design
- Creating and implementing tone of voice guidelines so that other teammates can accurately replicate Yolt TOV
- Performing regular copy workshops to keep our Yolt writers engaged
- Support PR with press releases and awards entries when necessary
What you'll need:
- A degree or equivalent qualification
- 3-5 years’ experience in copywriting for international brands and publications
- Fintech experience
- Experience of European markets outside of the UK
- Use of tools; CMS platforms, Sketch, Hootsuite, Photoshop, Lokalise (or other app copy tools)
- Second language skills
- Creative / Excellent Communicator / Relationship Builder / Goal-orientated / Pro-active / Team player
What you need to know about us
You'll join a small, dedicated team of highly skilled people who are committed to changing the way people think about money. We operate in a unique space on the boundaries of a large multinational bank, ING Bank N.V, but with the energetic, fast-paced attitude of a start-up with offices in Amsterdam, London and Katowice. We don’t like to brag, but we’re proud of the fact we’re leveraging the power unleashed by PSD2 and open banking to deliver the most innovative money app out there, recently winning the coveted ‘Personal Finance App of the Year’ at the 2019 Payments Awards.
- Flexible hours
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING