Head of Concept & Design
Yolt, the smart thinking money app, is on a mission to empower everyone to be smart with their money. With our mission in place, we launched in 2017 and haven’t looked back. With over half a million registered users across the UK, France and Italy, we’re working hard to empower our users every day.
Innovation is our driving force: We’re leveraging the power of PSD2 and Open Banking to deliver the most innovative money app on the market. This year, Yolt was awarded the Excellence in Innovation award at the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, 2018.
About the team
You'll join a team of highly skilled and inspiring people, from copywriters to developers, united in our mission to build Yolt, work hard, and celebrate our successes. As a venture of ING N.V., we operate in a unique space – backed by the power of a large multinational bank and driven by the entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up. We want to grow our team even further and help us bring Yolt to the next 500,000 people!
What you'll be doing as a Head of Concept & Design
As a Head of Concept & Design you will be creating and executing the product strategy, be in the lead of the Concept roadmap to develop concepts from idea to successful implementation across all areas of Yolt. You will be reporting directly and working closely with the Chief Product Officer.
You are the manager of a team of Product Managers and UX Designers and will be working in a multi-disciplinary feature team of UX designers, back and front-end engineers and data scientists/ data analysts and lead by a PO, in our Yolt Amsterdam office and in close cooperation with the Marketing team located in the UK.
You will be designing, validating and implementing customer journeys for new and existing users. And you are responsible for the usage of the features in the Yolt app of your team, tracking the performance of your features after launch and continuously iterate and improve on them.
You understand our user’ needs and pain points and develop innovative concepts and solutions. You analyse user behaviour and needs, by collecting qualitative and quantitative feedback from users regularly, sharing these with wider team and representing the voice of the users.
You are a strong conceptual thinker who takes full ownership of the Concept product roadmap. You are on top of the very latest market trends and developments and are keen to experiment over creating lengthy product specifications. You continuously test and validate suggested improvements. All your decisions are based on data. You are keen to help us build Yolt further, by being a user yourself and sharing your ideas to improve the app.
What we're looking for in a Head of Concept & Design
- BSc/ MSc in Marketing, Strategy, Business or similar
- 7 - 8 years of relevant experience in strategy, customer experience, UX design and/or product development
- At least 2 years team management experience
- Rock solid in concepting, designing and validating users solutions and customer journeys
- Experience in experimenting, quick validation and A-B testing of solutions
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative market research, trends and user research
- Experience with customer analytic tools
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team that works agile in a fast-paced environment
- Conceptual thinker / analytically strong / hands-on / can-do attitude, and is a keen and fast learner who is willing to go the extra mile
- Entrepreneurial spirit / start-up experience
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English (written and verbal), second language is desirable
- Experience in Agile / Scrum.
- Desirable: experience in financial industry
- Desirable: experience with customer analytic tools
What's in it for you:
- Flexible hours
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Ability to travel to other sites and get to know the local teams and culture
- Exposure to an international, diverse work place
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING
If you can see yourself in one of Europe’s most innovative teams, apply today!
We're looking forward to hearing from you!