Yolt is the smart-thinking money app on a mission to make money easy: You can sync your accounts together in one place, track your spending across different categories, set budgets, and look for deals with our growing list of in-app connections – and we have lots of exciting new features planned, too. With our mission to "unthink money" in place, we launched in 2017 and haven’t looked back. With over half a million registered users across the UK, France and Italy, we’re working hard to empower our users every day.
Innovation is our driving force: We’re leveraging the power of PSD2 and Open Banking to deliver the most innovate money app on the market. This year, Yolt was awarded the Excellence in Innovation award at the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, 2018 and the Most Innovative Java Project at NLJUG, 2018!
About the team
You'll join a team of highly skilled and inspiring people, from developers to copywriters, united in our mission to build Yolt, work hard, and celebrate our successes. As a venture of ING N.V., we operate in a unique space – backed by the power of a large multinational bank and driven by the entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up. We want to grow our team even further and help us bring Yolt to the next 500,000 people!
What the Infra Team does
The team you will be joining is responsible for providing the infrastructure for Yolt as well as all the necessary tooling for all the feature teams building the solutions.
What you'll be doing as Infrastructure Engineer
You have extensive experience developing solutions. You have always been the type that wants to understand how things work beyond your code. So, you naturally became the go-to infrastructure girl/guy who sees infrastructure engineering as another development role. For you the only way of doing things is to automate. You have the mentality that technology is something that continuously changes, so you embrace those changes fearlessly. Then you are in the right place. You will be joining a team with people who think like you.
You will be dealing with cloud, networks, security, pipelines, infrastructure as code, containers. You will get the room to explore and innovate with the latest technologies on the market.
What we are looking for in an Infrastructure Engineer
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field;
- Interested in a permanent role (not freelance contract or project-based)
- Have no need for relocation to The Netherlands at the moment
- Experience with at least one programming language. Experience with Golang is a plus, but other languages are also welcome;
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes in a production environment;
- Experience with public cloud. Experience with AWS is a plus;
- Fluent in English (verbal and written);
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting;
- Share the on-call rotation (every +/- 10 weeks) and be an escalation contact for incidents;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Worked in an agile environment;
- Experience with Continuous Delivery / Continuous Integration and tools like: GIT, Gitlab, Sonar and Nexus and are able to configure and manage those;
- Experience with networking;
- Experience of working and tuning NoSQL databases like Cassandra;
What's in it for you
- Flexible hours
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive parts of ING
If you can see yourself in one of Europe’s most innovative teams, apply today. We're looking forward to hearing from you!