Yolt is the smart-thinking money app on a mission to make money easy: You can sync your accounts together in one place, track your spending across different categories, set budgets, and look for deals with our growing list of in-app connections – and we have lots of exciting new features planned, too. With our mission in place, we launched in 2017 and haven’t looked back. With over half a million registered users across the UK, France and Italy, we’re working hard to empower our users every day.
Innovation is our driving force: We’re leveraging the power of PSD2 and Open Banking to deliver the most innovate money app on the market. This year, Yolt was awarded the Excellence in Innovation award at the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, 2018 and the Most Innovative Java Project at NLJUG, 2018!
About the team
You'll join a team of highly skilled and inspiring people, from developers to copywriters, united in our mission to build Yolt, work hard, and celebrate our successes. As a venture of ING N.V., we operate in a unique space – backed by the power of a large multinational bank and driven by the entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up. We want to grow our team even further and help us bring Yolt to the next 500,000 people!
What you will be doing as Java Backend Chapterlead:
As a chapterlead back-end you will have proven track-record of building highly scalable distributed systems. From a purely technical perspective your role will be cross-functional, and at a high-level will include:
- Microservices application development
- Microservices architecture and design in close collaboration with the solution architect
- Backend continuous delivery pipelines architecture and design
For around 40% of your time you are responsible for the strategic development of the platform and team:
- You are hierarchical responsible for 5 to 9 engineers within the Chapter.
- Together with one other chapterlead you determine the IT priorities for your chapter and contribute to the overall IT strategy
- You maintain and seek new partnerships with companies that can provide us with services (software, engineers etc.)
- You play a key role in make or buy decisions
- You make sure the chapter and its members are fully equipped to reach their goals.
- At Yolt we need an effective design and implementation of certain process. You might be process owner for some of the processes (for example the back-end release process).
- As a chapter lead you actively seek contact with the CTO, other teams (like SRE) and business PO’s to get aligned on important IT priorities and have the buy in of these teams.
- You play a key role in the hiring of talent.
The role requires a bit of travel, because you might be visiting partners to be involved in design discussion with architects and engineers. Furthermore in technical conferences you can give presentations about what we have built.
The level of expertise and experience within the team will be very high which creates a very energetic atmosphere. We don't forget to have some fun while developing the proposition. You will be part of an unique journey of a new team and will further raise the bar with your experiences.
What we're looking for in a Java Backend Chapterlead:
- Bsc or Msc in Computer science or comparable
- Strong skills in software development and experience in design and development of complex systems
- Strong focus on using open source software instead of making it ourselves
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Knowledge of design patterns and experience on when to apply them
- Knowledge of Micro services, Cassandra and Kafka
- Fluent English
- Strong social and communication skills
- Experience in Agile / scrum or as a scrum master
- You are familiar with continuous Integration tools
What's in it for you:
- Flexible hours
- Ability to travel to other sites and get to know the local teams and culture
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING
If you can see yourself in one of Europe’s most innovative teams, apply today. We're looking forward to hearing from you!