We’re on a mission to give everyone the power to be smart with their money. We encourage and inspire people to think differently about money, to take control and adapt to life’s twists and turns. In other words, Yolt does the hard work, so our users can Unthink money. We live and breathe our core values: being frontrunners, switched on and trusted.
Yolt is the multi award-winning app that makes managing money, easy. At the forefront of innovation enabled by PSD2 and powered by open banking technology, our smart thinking money app gives users a clear overview of their connected bank accounts, credit cards and spending together in one place. After launching in the UK June 2017, then France and Italy in 2018 we quickly reached 1 million registered users; giving them all the tools to spend smart, save smart and reach their goals.
What we’re looking for:
We’re after enthusiastic, driven individuals who want to want to contribute to our journey and grow with us along the way. Can you hit the ground running? Do you have the drive to go faster? Fintech is fast-paced, but we always remember to switch off too.
You work within a team of Java, iOs, Android, iOS UX engineers and Data scientists to develop an outstanding customer proposition and you have strong knowledge and experience in designing, building and maintaining a back-end from scratch.
Performance, security and resilience are of upmost important, as we will be handling high load, customer data and want to deliver a service with maximum availability. The majority of our micro services is written in Java Spring Boot. We are looking for someone that is proficient in the aforementioned areas. It’s also great if you have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka and an event driven-architecture.
The backend has to be quality controlled by fully automated tests and have to be performance tested for which you will also be responsible. We work according to a SCRUM Agile development process and release working software regularly to production.
What you'll need:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- 3-5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in creating highly scalable mission-critical applications.
- Strong skills in software development.
- Good knowledge of Java including the Spring framework.
- Real world OO design experience and knowledge of design patterns.
- Knowledge of of design and resilience patterns.
- Experience with test driven development & test automation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
- Already living in The Netherlands or moving in the country soon.
- Experience with Kubernetes and how to securely expose rest services from an environment.
- Experience with at least one scripting language.
- Experience in design and development of complex, secure and high-performance applications.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum or as a Scrum Master.
- Knowledge of Cassandra.
- Knowledge of JSON, REST, web-services.
- Knowledge of Event Driven architecture
- Familiarity with continuous Integration tools like: GIT, Gitlab, Sonar, Maven, Nexus and are able to configure these tools.
What you need to know about us
You'll join a small, dedicated team of highly skilled people who are committed to changing the way people think about money. We operate in a unique space on the boundaries of a large multinational bank, ING Bank N.V, but with the energetic, fast-paced attitude of a start-up with offices in Amsterdam, London and Katowice. We don’t like to brag, but we’re proud of the fact we’re leveraging the power unleashed by PSD2 and open banking to deliver the most innovative money app out there, recently winning the coveted ‘Personal Finance App of the Year’ at the 2019 Payments Awards.
- Flexible hours
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING