Yolt is the smart-thinking money app on a mission to make money easy: You can sync your accounts together in one place, track your spending across different categories, set budgets, and look for deals with our growing list of in-app connections – and we have lots of exciting new features planned, too. With our mission in place, we launched in 2017 and haven’t looked back. With over half a million registered users across the UK, France and Italy, we’re working hard to empower our users every day.
Innovation is our driving force: We’re leveraging the power of PSD2 and Open Banking to deliver the most innovate money app on the market. This year, Yolt was awarded the Excellence in Innovation award at the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, 2018 and the Most Innovative Java Project at NLJUG, 2018!
About the team
You'll join a team of highly skilled and inspiring people, from developers to copywriters, united in our mission to build Yolt, work hard, and celebrate our successes. As a venture of ING N.V., we operate in a unique space – backed by the power of a large multinational bank and driven by the entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up. We want to grow our team even further and help us bring Yolt to the next 500,000 people!
What you'll be doing as a Java Backend Engineer:
You work within a team of Java, iOs, Android, iOS UX engineers and Data scientists to develop an outstanding customer proposition and you have strong knowledge and experience in designing, building and maintaining a back-end from scratch.
Performance, security and resilience are of upmost important, as we will be handling high load, customer data and want to deliver a service with maximum availability. The majority of our micro services is written in Java Spring Boot. We are looking for someone that is proficient in the aforementioned areas. It’s also great if you have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka and an event driven-architecture.
The backend has to be quality controlled by fully automated tests and have to be performance tested for which you will also be responsible. We work according to a SCRUM Agile development process and release working software regularly to production.
What we're looking for in a Java Backend Engineer:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- 3-5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in creating highly scalable mission-critical applications.
- Strong skills in software development.
- Good knowledge of Java including the Spring framework.
- Real world OO design experience and knowledge of design patterns.
- Knowledge of of design and resilience patterns.
- Experience with test driven development & test automation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
- Already living in The Netherlands or moving in the country soon.
And the "good to haves" :
- Experience with Kubernetes and how to securely expose rest services from an environment.
- Experience with at least one scripting language.
- Experience in design and development of complex, secure and high-performance applications.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum or as a Scrum Master.
- Knowledge of Cassandra.
- Knowledge of JSON, REST, web-services.
- Knowledge of Event Driven architecture
- Familiarity with continuous Integration tools like: GIT, Gitlab, Sonar, Maven, Nexus and are able to configure these tools.
What's in it for you:
- Flexible hours
- Ability to travel to other sites and get to know the local teams and culture
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING
If you can see yourself in one of Europe’s most innovative teams, apply today. We're looking forward to hearing from you!