Our KYC team
As KYC Expert, you will be working directly with our in-house KYC Specialist and be responsible for assisting in monitoring and developing all Yolt KYC activities. You’ll report to our COO, and be part of our larger operations team in which you’ll also be working closely together with our Fraud Analyst for example.
What you’ll be doing
Yolt is a rapidly evolving FinTech working in uncharted KYC territory. We hold a different position than traditional financial services organizations because we are an account information service provider (AISP) with payment initiation services (PISP). You can see us as inventors within KYC and Compliance because a lot is still very new, we like to say we're in ground-breaking territory, having to set the rules of the game.
For both our brands we perform CDD and transaction monitoring on private individuals and entities. As KYC Expert you have a good understanding, backed by experience, of what it means to perform KYC, CDD, CAM, and transaction monitoring activities in a FinTech environment. With your experience, you know how to set up frameworks and contribute to bringing more and more structure
In this role, you'll support our innovative identification and verification (CDD) and Customer Activity Monitoring (CAM) processes. We're in the stage where we've still outsourced some CDD processes but also developed in-house CDD and CAM processes. Yolt is a fast-paced, dynamic and agile environment which means you'll have a broad scope with changing responsibilities.
This is an idea of what you can expect to do:
- Assess and decide on a case‐by‐case basis what measures should be taken with regard to special investigations (e.g. alerts, ml/tf suspicion) from our outsourced activities and instruct the operations team on which follow-up action to execute.
- Implement on-going improvements for in house performed activities and set up for Clients in Yolt’s B2B proposition.
- Liaise with the CDD Partner’s Operational Team and the Yolt Customer Support Team to assist prospective customers with completing mobile onboarding.
- Perform key control testing based on the identification and verification process performed by the CDD Partner.
- Work closely with the Yolt Product Owner and in-house KYC Specialist to suggest adequate and/or preventive measures to continuously improve the KYC processes and systems.
- Assist the in-house KYC Specialist with internal and external reporting to the Yolt Management, ING Compliance, etc.
- Perform in house CAM and alert handling and report results to internal stakeholders.
- Constantly align with Yolt Compliance in order to translate strategic, tactical, and operational policy in the field of Financial Economic Crime (FEC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Customer Activity Monitoring (CAM), and Fraud.
What you'll need
Our ideal candidate is an experienced and driven individual, that is excited about data analysis, research, and investigations, a multi-tasker that understands risk and compliance topics.
The KYC Specialist should have a healthy balance of the following skills:
- Experience and knowledge of FEC and AML regulations
- Sticks to agreements and keeps to the letter of the law (incl. internal policies and regulations)
- Forms her/his own opinion and possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has increased learning ability and passion for investigation and data analysis
- Is consistent in the approach but also flexible to adapt where needed based on data
What you need to know about us
You'll join a small, dedicated team of highly skilled people who are committed to changing the way people think about money. We operate in a unique space on the boundaries of a large multinational bank, ING Bank N.V, but with the energetic, fast-paced attitude of a start-up with offices in Amsterdam, London, and Katowice. We don’t like to brag, but we’re proud of the fact we’re leveraging the power unleashed by PSD2 and open banking to deliver the most innovative money app out there, recently winning the coveted ‘Best personal Finance App’ at the 2020 Wealth and Finance Fintech Awards.
- Flexible hours
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with an ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within a future-forward Fintech committed to creating a movement of positive disruption with trusted origins from ING, one of the most innovative banking organizations