Our KYC team
As KYC Lead, you will be working directly with our in-house KYC Specialists and Analysts and be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the quality of our processes.
You’ll report to our COO, and be part of our larger operations team in which you’ll also be working closely together with our Fraud Analyst, and Decision Scientist KYC for example. With your broad background and experience, you know how to set up frameworks and contribute to bringing more and more structure to our in-house KYC activities and want to drive the development of more efficient and effective processes.
What you’ll be doing
Yolt is a rapidly evolving FinTech working in uncharted KYC territory. We hold a different position than traditional financial services organizations because we are an account information service provider (AISP) with payment initiation services (PISP). You can see us as innovators within KYC and Compliance because a lot is still very new within our industry, with us being an open banking provider (YTS Platform) and having an open banking-based consumer product (Yolt App). We like to say we're in ground-breaking territory, having to set the rules of the game.
For both our brands we perform CDD and transaction monitoring on private individuals and entities. As KYC Lead with a good understanding of and backed by experience, you can dream of performing KYC, CDD, CAM, and transaction monitoring activities in a FinTech environment.
In this role, you'll be responsible for leading the team with a focus on day-to-day operational activities. Next to being a subject matter expert on a legal, tactical and strategical level, you’re able to follow up on any escalations and support team members on an analytical level.
As KYC Lead you’ll keep an eye on the team’s KPIs whilst coaching, guiding facilitating individual team members where needed. With your experience, you know how to set up frameworks and contribute to bringing more and more structure to in-house or outsourced KYC processes. You can lead the department and steer it to ensure the healthy growth of the KYC team.
This is an idea of what you can expect to do:
- Assess and decide on a case‐by‐case basis what measures should be taken with regard to special investigations, and instruct the operations team on which follow-up action to execute and turn exceptions into standard processes.
- Identify and implement ongoing improvements for in-house performed activities and set up for Clients in Yolt’s B2B proposition.
- Coach and mentor the team and improve the knowledge and quality of KYC in the organization.
- Put in practice your in-depth knowledge on international rules, regulations, and procedures regarding KYC, CDD, CAM in expanding the scope of KYC performed in-house
- Work closely with the internal stakeholder to suggest adequate and/or preventive measures to drive product development and increase automation.
- Perform key control testing and internal audits
- Prepare internal and external reporting to the Yolt Management, ING Compliance, Regulator, etc.
- Align with Yolt Compliance in order to translate strategic, tactical, and operational policies
What you'll need
Our ideal candidate is an experienced and driven individual, that is excited about data analysis, research, and investigations, a multi-tasker that understands risk and compliance topics.
The KYC Lead should have a healthy balance of the following skills:
- In-depth experience and knowledge of EU and UK FEC and AML regulations
- Sticks to agreements and keeps to the letter of the law (incl. internal policies and regulations)
- Structured thinker that can prioritise issues and is an enthusiastic problem solver
- Prior experience with leading, guiding, and mentoring a team
- Prior experience with setting up a department in a dynamic (FinTech) environment
- In-depth knowledge of assessing risks, complex structures
- Ability to use diverse portals and systems
- Experience with managing a variety of internal and external stakeholders (technical & non-technical)
- Reporting, forecasting, resourcing experience
What you need to know about us
You'll join a small, dedicated team of highly skilled people who are committed to changing the way people think about money. We operate in a unique space on the boundaries of a large multinational bank, ING Bank N.V, but with the energetic, fast-paced attitude of a start-up with offices in Amsterdam, London, and Katowice. We don’t like to brag, but we’re proud of the fact we’re leveraging the power unleashed by PSD2 and open banking to deliver the most innovative money app out there, recently winning the coveted ‘Best personal Finance App’ at the 2020 Wealth and Finance Fintech Awards.
- Flexible hours
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with an ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within a future-forward Fintech committed to creating a movement of positive disruption with trusted origins from ING, one of the most innovative banking organizations