Yolt, the smart thinking money app, is on a mission to empower everyone to be smart with their money. With our mission in place, we launched in 2017 and haven’t looked back. With over half a million registered users across the UK, France and Italy, we’re working hard to empower our users every day.
Innovation is our driving force: We’re leveraging the power of PSD2 and Open Banking to deliver the most innovate money app on the market. Last December, Yolt was awarded the Excellence in Innovation award at the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, 2018.
About the team
You'll join a team of highly skilled and inspiring people, from copywriters to developers, united in our mission to build Yolt, work hard, and celebrate our successes. As a venture of ING N.V., we operate in a unique space – backed by the power of a large multinational bank and driven by the entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up. We want to grow our team even further and help us bring Yolt to the next 500,000 people!
What you'll be doing as Product Owner of our Data Team:
Yolt is all about knowing where you are at with your money and improving on it. A highly skilled team of data scientists, data engineers and data analysts are day to day busy with getting our customers the best data insights and the best recommendations to improve their financial life. If you want to be in the driving seat with them and change the way how financial service apps service people, you could be the right match for us!
In the role of PO you are responsible for execution on Yolt’s data strategy. Our preferred candidate is up-to-date with the latest developments in amongst others machine learning and be able to setup experiments in order to validate assumptions before building solutions. Most important you like to deliver! You are not about ideas only but like executing on them. You have a reputation of jumping into actions and solutions where others only just think about problems. You are motivated by and enjoy the challenge to do the impossible, but you also care for your team and understand the limits.
A successful candidate has great communication, planning and organisational skills. You will oversee all data-related activities and ensure day to day alignment with the CPO and CTO of Yolt and you report directly to our Head of Product Delivery. You manage the backlog of the team and manage dependencies with all other teams. Apart from user insights and app recommendations, the team is also responsible for comprehensive business analysis about retention, churn and usage.
Joining Yolt you get the chance to work in the forefront of the fintech sector, being able to work with new technologies and with a great team of skilled colleagues. And last but not least, you’re keen to help us build Yolt further, by being a user yourself and sharing your ideas to improve the app.
What we're looking for in the PO - Data:
- Bsc/ Msc in Business with Data focus or similar
- 3 years’ experience as a PO, preferably in the data domain
- Strong data-driven mindset and ability to apply data in business strategy
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team that works agile in a fast-paced environment
- Analytically strong / hands-on / can-do attitude, keen on challenging solutions and a fast learner who is willing to go the extra mile
- A proven track record in delivering working software
- Excellent planning skills and strong social and communication skills.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal), second EU language is desirable
- Experience in the B2C domain and a consumer first mindset
- Desirable: knowledge of PSD2 and PFM
What's in it for you:
- Flexible hours
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Ability to travel to other sites and get to know the local teams and culture
- Exposure to an international, diverse work place
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING