Yolt, the smart thinking money app, is on a mission to empower everyone to be smart with their money. With our mission in place, we launched in 2017 and haven’t looked back. With over half a million registered users across the UK, France and Italy, we’re working hard to empower our users every day.
Innovation is our driving force: We’re leveraging the power of PSD2 and Open Banking to deliver the most innovate money app on the market. Last year, Yolt was awarded the Excellence in Innovation award at the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, 2018.
About the team
You'll join a team of highly skilled and inspiring people, from copywriters to developers, united in our mission to build Yolt, work hard, and celebrate our successes. As a venture of ING N.V., we operate in a unique space – backed by the power of a large multinational bank and driven by the entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up. We want to grow our team even further and help us bring Yolt to the next 500,000 people!
What you'll be doing as a Product Designer:
You will get plenty of UX challenges, design improvements for existing parts of the app or create flows for new features. Every now and then you will conduct usability research in London that you need to prepare. Next to that we have a very active community that provides a lot of feedback where you can talk with our customers.
It is your job to shape the user experience for our users. You will be the backbone of a feature teams that delivers improvements to our app in a two week cycle. You’ll get the freedom to facilitate workshops and/or Design Sprints to get the result you need. Together with your team you will refine the feature and once it is implemented it will be shipped to our customers.
Yolt is a fast paced agile environment so your responsibilities can change over time. This is a rough idea of what you can expect:
- Collaborate with your team of engineers, designers, data scientists, copywriters and customer journey experts
- Translate vision and ideas into a shippable product
- Improve the overall quality of our design system by collaborating closely with the product team
- Creating prototypes and conducting usability research
- Creating visual designs to support your team
- Optimise and do experimentation on existing flows
- Occasionally travel to London to collaborate with our marketing team and talk to customers
What we're looking for in the right Product Designer:
Our ideal candidate is an experienced and driven individual who can help push the app and company forward. If you love to make real impact on people’s lives, work on the forefront of FinTech and create beautiful products that get shipped, this might be the perfect position for you. You should have a healthy balance of the following skills:
- Experience in designing excellent mobile apps
- At least three years working as a designer
- Familiar with Sketch and Prototyping tools
- Self-sustaining and curious attitude
- Good communication skills (fluent in English) and experience in collaborating within teams
- Strong UX/UI design skills
- Available for a freelance contract ASAP