We created Yolt because we want to give everyone the power to be smart with their money. We are challenging the status quo of money management and making it effortless and fun!
We are now focusing on scaling Yolt, developing and maintaining the great relationship with our vastly growing community of users so that we can continue to improve our app and give Yolt users the best experience possible.
By leveraging our infrastructure as the leading open banking provider Yolt enables other top financial institutions and ambitious tech businesses in building, managing, and maintaining Account Information Services and Payment Initiation Services for their customers. These endeavors are captured in our Yolt Technology Services (YTS) brand.
About the team
You'll join a small, dedicated team of highly skilled people who are part of a new scale-up, named Yolt, endorsed by ING aimed at creating an easy and enjoyable way to manage your money in one mobile app. The app is live in the UK market and recently launched in France and Italy.
We are part of a team that operates in a unique space on the boundaries of a large multinational bank (ING) with an entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up and offices in Amsterdam and London. In order to support our vision of being the most secure access to account provider, we are looking for a skilled security engineer.
What you will be doing as Security Engineer @Yolt:
As a Yolt security engineer you have a good understanding of both back-end (primarily Java) and front-end (iOs and Android). Together with other engineers you create an IT security strategy and help the teams to apply defense in depth principles. You are involved in the design of highly complex secure systems which requires creative thinking to deliver the security of a bank but with the agility of a startup.
You will help teams in the various secure development lifecycle stages. You are able to perform agile threat modeling, perform code reviews and execute pentests yourself. But ultimately driven to guide others in adopting these abilities. It’s our goal to strive for continuous compliance and therefore experience with security event and technical state monitoring are needed (preferably with tools like Cloud custodian or InSpec).
You will be working closely with the infrastructure team of Yolt but also with other engineers and product owners. You are an effective communicator, helping the teams to prioritize security issues and improving security controls in our continuous delivery pipeline.
The level of expertise and experience within the team is very high which creates a very energetic atmosphere. We don't forget to have some fun while developing the proposition. You will be part of an unique journey of a new team and will further raise the bar with your experiences.
What we're looking for in a Security Engineer:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or comparable;
- Background in Software Development
- Experience as a pen tester or security engineer
- Deep understanding of cryptographic functions and their advantages / disadvantages
- Up-to-date with the latest security info for both front-end (iOs / Android) and back-end
- Experience with system image hardening
- Experience with creating a security pipeline
- Experience with security monitoring
- Experience with code-reviews in one or more of the languages: Java, Kotlin, Swift, Go, Scala, Python, Terraform, Shell
- Understanding of AWS and its services is a pre
- English speaking and writing skills
- Good social and communication skills
- Experience in Agile / scrum or as a scrum master