Our Security team
You will be working closely with the infrastructure team of Yolt but also with other engineers and product owners. You will be reporting to out Head of Security.
What you’ll be doing
As a Yolt security engineer you have a good understanding of both back-end (primarily Java) and front-end (iOS and Android). Together with other engineers you create an IT security strategy and help the teams to apply defense in depth principles. You are involved in the design of highly complex secure systems which requires creative thinking to deliver the security of a bank but with the agility of a startup.
You will help teams in the various secure development life cycle stages. You are able to perform agile threat modeling, perform code reviews and execute pentests yourself. But ultimately driven to guide others in adopting these abilities. It’s our goal to strive for continuous compliance and therefore experience with security event and technical state monitoring are needed (preferably with tools like Cloud custodian or InSpec).
You are an effective communicator, helping the teams to prioritize security issues and improving security controls in our continuous delivery pipeline.
The level of expertise and experience within the team is very high which creates a very energetic atmosphere. We don't forget to have some fun while developing the proposition. You will be part of an unique journey of a new team and will further raise the bar with your experiences.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or comparable;
- Background in Software Development
- Experience as a pen tester or security engineer
- Deep understanding of cryptographic functions and their advantages / disadvantages
- Up-to-date with the latest security info for both front-end (iOS / Android) and back-end
- Experience with system image hardening
- Experience with creating a security pipeline
- Experience with security monitoring
- Experience with code-reviews in one or more of the languages: Java, Kotlin, Swift, Go, Scala, Python, Terraform, Shell
- Understanding of AWS and its services is a nice to have
- English speaking and writing skills
- Good social and communication skills
- Experience in Agile / scrum or as a scrum master
What you need to know about us
You'll join a small, dedicated team of highly skilled people who are committed to changing the way people think about money. We operate in a unique space on the boundaries of a large multinational bank, ING Bank N.V, but with the energetic, fast-paced attitude of a start-up with offices in Amsterdam, London and Katowice. We don’t like to brag, but we’re proud of the fact we’re leveraging the power unleashed by PSD2 and open banking to deliver the most innovative money app out there, recently winning the coveted ‘Personal Finance App of the Year’ at the 2019 Payments Awards.
- Flexible hours
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with an ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within a future-forward Fintech committed to creating a movement of positive disruption with trusted origins from ING, one of the most innovative banking organizations