We’re on a mission to give everyone the power to be smart with their money. We encourage and inspire people to think differently about money, to take control and adapt to life’s twists and turns. In other words, Yolt does the hard work, so our users can Unthink money. We live and breathe our core values: being frontrunners, switched on and trusted.
Yolt is the multi award-winning app that makes managing money, easy. At the forefront of innovation enabled by PSD2 and powered by open banking technology, our smart thinking money app gives users a clear overview of their connected bank accounts, credit cards and spending together in one place. After launching in the UK June 2017, then France and Italy in 2018 we quickly reached 1 million registered users; giving them all the tools to spend smart, save smart and reach their goals.
What the Infrastructure team does:
The team delivers the tools for other engineers to bring software to production faster, safer and with less errors.
On top of that, they create the building blocks that are needed to monitor the overall performance and reliability of the system and act as the single point of contact for our infra colleagues.
The level of expertise and experience within the team is very high which creates an energetic atmosphere. We don't forget to have some fun while developing the proposition!
What we’re looking for:
We’re after enthusiastic, driven individuals who want to want to contribute to our journey and grow with us along the way. Can you hit the ground running? Do you have the drive to go faster? Fintech is fast-paced, but we always remember to switch off too.
You have a strong background as a software, infrastructure or as a system engineer and you work in close collaboration with your team to improve the overall reliability and resilience of the environment.
Our stack consists use Cassandra, Kafka and Spark. Our development and test environment run on AWS (using terraform). You are an expert on the command line and enthusiastic about optimizing the overall performance and availability of the environment.
You strive to automate our process so the other teams can get work done faster and with better monitoring.
For our monitoring we use the ELK stack and make use of Prometheus.
In the event that things do go wrong (we are all human!) you perform root cause analysis and contribute to restoring service as fast as possible. More importantly, you work actively to prevent the problem from occurring again and support all our infra colleagues.
You are eager to learn and use (new) technologies and you are on the lookout for new tools that could help us achieve our goals, but you always keep availability as the top priority.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5-7 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes in a production environment
- Expert in at least one modern scripting language
- You are the go-to person with knowledge about continuous Integration tools like: GIT, Gitlab, Sonar and Nexus and are able to configure these tools.
- Experience of working and tuning NoSQL databases like Cassandra
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Mastery in at least one programming language, preferably Go-lang
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Proven experience with automation and continuous delivery practices
- Share the on-call rotation (every +/- 7 weeks) and be an escalation contact for incidents
- Good social and communication skills
- Experience in Agile / scrum or in the role as scrum master
What you need to know about us
You'll join a small, dedicated team of highly skilled people who are committed to changing the way people think about money. We operate in a unique space on the boundaries of a large multinational bank, ING Bank N.V, but with the energetic, fast-paced attitude of a start-up with offices in Amsterdam, London and Katowice. We don’t like to brag, but we’re proud of the fact we’re leveraging the power unleashed by PSD2 and open banking to deliver the most innovative money app out there, recently winning the coveted ‘Personal Finance App of the Year’ at the 2019 Payments Awards.
- Flexible hours
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING