Yolt is the smart-thinking money app on a mission to make money easy: You can sync your accounts together in one place, track your spending across different categories, set budgets, and look for deals with our growing list of in-app connections – and we have lots of exciting new features planned, too. With our mission in place, we launched in 2017 and haven’t looked back. With over half a million registered users across the UK, France and Italy, we’re working hard to empower our users every day.
Innovation is our driving force: We’re leveraging the power of PSD2 and Open Banking to deliver the most innovate money app on the market. Last December, Yolt was awarded the Excellence in Innovation award at the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, 2018 and the Most Innovative Java Project at NLJUG, 2018!
About the team
You'll join a small, dedicated team of highly skilled people who are part of a new scale-up, named Yolt, endorsed by ING aimed at creating an easy and enjoyable way to manage your money in one mobile app. The app is live in the UK market and recently launched in France and Italy.
We are part of a team that operates in a unique space on the boundaries of a large multinational bank (ING) with an entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up and offices in Amsterdam and London. In order to support our vision of being the most secure access to account provider, we are looking for a skilled security engineer.
What the Infrastructure team does:
The team delivers the tools for other engineers to bring software to production faster, safer and with less errors.
On top of that, they create the building blocks that are needed to monitor the overall performance and reliability of the system and act as the single point of contact for our infra colleagues.
The level of expertise and experience within the team is very high which creates an energetic atmosphere. We don't forget to have some fun while developing the proposition!
What you will be doing as Senior Infrastructure Engineer @Yolt:
You have a strong background as a software, infrastructure or as a system engineer and you work in close collaboration with your team to improve the overall reliability and resilience of the environment.
Our stack consists use Cassandra, Kafka and Spark. Our development and test environment run on AWS (using terraform). You are an expert on the command line and enthusiastic about optimizing the overall performance and availability of the environment.
You strive to automate our process so the other teams can get work done faster and with better monitoring.
For our monitoring we use the ELK stack and make use of Prometheus.
In the event that things do go wrong (we are all human!) you perform root cause analysis and contribute to restoring service as fast as possible. More importantly, you work actively to prevent the problem from occurring again and support all our infra colleagues.
You are eager to learn and use (new) technologies and you are on the lookout for new tools that could help us achieve our goals, but you always keep availability as the top priority.
What we are looking for in an Infrastructure Engineer:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5-7 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes in a production environment
- Expert in at least one modern scripting language
- You are the go-to person with knowledge about continuous Integration tools like: GIT, Gitlab, Sonar and Nexus and are able to configure these tools.
- Experience of working and tuning NoSQL databases like Cassandra
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Mastery in at least one programming language, preferably Go-lang
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Proven experience with automation and continuous delivery practices
- Share the on-call rotation (every +/- 7 weeks) and be an escalation contact for incidents
- Good social and communication skills
- Experience in Agile / scrum or in the role as scrum master
What we offer
- Flexible hours
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING