Senior KYC Expert
Yolt, the smart thinking money app, is on a mission to empower everyone to be smart with their money. With our mission in place, we launched in 2017 and haven’t looked back. With over half a million registered users across the UK, France and Italy, we’re working hard to empower our users every day.
Innovation is our driving force: We’re leveraging the power of PSD2 and Open Banking to deliver the most innovate money app on the market. This year, Yolt was awarded the Excellence in Innovation award at the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, 2018.
We’re growing the team and on the look-out for a forward-thinking Senior KYC Expert to join us in Amsterdam!
About the team
You'll join a team of highly skilled and inspiring people, from copywriters to developers, united in our mission to build Yolt, work hard, and celebrate our successes. As a venture of ING N.V., we operate in a unique space – backed by the power of a large multinational bank and driven by the entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up. We want to grow our team even further and help us bring Yolt to the next 500,000 people!
What you'll be doing as a Senior KYC Expert:
Know your Customer (KYC) is a key topic for us, as starting with 2019 Yolt needs to digitally identify and verify the identity of its users in a seamless way. Setting up the right processes and systems, monitoring the activity and constantly improving while keeping a good balance between policy/regulations and customer focus is essential.
As Yolt is evolving rapidly, we are searching for a Senior KYC Expert to oversee this newly KYC process. Yolt is currently working with an external partner to perform the majority of our KYC activities. In this role you will be overall responsible for monitoring of Yolt’s KYC activities and be the single point of contact for the relationship with the KYC partner.
As a Senior KYC Expert, you will work across agile multidisciplinary teams (feature teams), customer care, compliance and legal with an impactful role. The key responsibilities you will be entrusted with, amongst others, are:
- Monitor all Yolt KYC operational activities and investigate occurring issues (alerts, hits, fraud cases). To achieve this you will be the key liaison between the Yolt Customer Care Team and our KYC partner’s Operational Team.
- Manage all service management activities for the KYC partner including analysis on performance and decision on fraudulent cases. Supported by Yolt’s responsible Product Owner and Chief Risk Officer, you will develop measures to continuously improve the KYC processes and systems.
- Perform key control testing over the identification and verification process performed by the KYC Partner
- Constantly align between Yolt and ING Compliance teams in order to translate strategic, tactical and operational policy in the field of Financial Economic Crime (FEC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Fraud
What we're looking for in a Senior KYC Expert:
What we have in mind is an experienced and driven individual, who is excited about data analysis, research and investigations, a multi-tasker that understand risk and compliance topics, and is keen on new technology.
In more detail:
- Sticks to agreements and keeps to the letter of the law (incl. internal policies and regulations)
- Forms her/his own opinion and possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
- Is keen to leverage on his/her learning ability and passion for investigation and data analysis
- Knows how to persuade based on data
- Is consistent in the approach but also flexible to adapt where needed based on data
- Likes to work in a team and is open for feedback
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of Risk and Compliance within the FinTech and build industry best practice
- Flexible hours
- Ability to travel to other sites and get to know the local teams and culture
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING
If you can see yourself in one of Europe’s most innovative teams, apply today. We're looking forward to hearing from you!