Our Infrastructure team
The team delivers the tools for other engineers to bring software to production faster, safer, and with fewer errors. On top of that, the team creates the building blocks that are needed to monitor the overall performance and reliability of our system. The level of expertise and experience within the team is very high which creates an energetic atmosphere. We don't forget to have some fun while developing the proposition!
What you’ll be doing
With a strong background in software, infrastructure, or as a system engineer you are used to working in close collaboration with your team members to improve the overall reliability and resilience of the environment.
Our stack consists of Cassandra, Kafka, and Spark. Our development and test environment runs on AWS as the main cloud provider experience (using terraform). You’ll operate as an expert on the command line and work on optimizing the overall performance and availability of the environment.
You‘ll work on process automatization, so the other teams can get work done faster, with better monitoring. For monitoring, we use the ELK stack and make use of Prometheus.
In the event that things do go wrong (we are all human!) you perform root cause analysis and contribute to restoring service as fast as possible. More importantly, you work actively to prevent the problem from occurring again and support all our infra colleagues.
Furthermore, you are eager to learn and use (new) technologies and you are on the lookout for new tools that could help us achieve our goals, but you always keep the availability as the top priority.
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5-7 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes (Kustomize) in a production environment
- Expert in preferably Golang
- You are the go-to person with knowledge about continuous Integration tools like GIT, Gitlab, Terraform, Vault, and are able to configure these tools.
- Experience in working and tuning NoSQL databases like Cassandra
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Proven experience with automation and continuous delivery practices
- Share the on-call rotation (every +/- 7 weeks) and be an escalation contact for incidents
- Good social and communication skills
- Experience in Agile/scrum or in the role of scrum master
What you need to know about us
You'll join a small, dedicated team of highly skilled people who are committed to changing the way people think about money. We operate in a unique space on the boundaries of a large multinational bank, ING Bank N.V, but with the energetic, fast-paced attitude of a start-up with offices in Amsterdam, London, and Katowice. We don’t like to brag, but we’re proud of the fact we’re leveraging the power unleashed by PSD2 and open banking to deliver the most innovative money app out there, recently winning the coveted ‘Best personal Finance App’ at the 2020 Wealth and Finance Fintech Awards.
- Flexible hours
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with an ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within a future-forward Fintech committed to creating a movement of positive disruption with trusted origins from ING, one of the most innovative banking organizations