Yolt was created so you can understand your money better. Understanding = smart decisions, meaning your ability to save, spend and understand your money better is unleashed.
Using cutting-edge technology, Yolt provides an overview of your bank accounts. Smart insights enable you to track your finances and manage your overall spending. Use categories to see how much you’re spending on eating out, travelling or even on holidays. Then act upon it by setting budgets, monitor your subscriptions and look for better energy deals.
Yolt was born in 2016. We launched our Alpha in the summer and moved into a closed Beta in November 2016. We are now moving towards into an open beta, meaning anyone with a UK bank account and UK phone number will be able to join. We encourage you to join us and give us your thoughts on new features and ideas to make the best app for you.
Yolt is not a bank, although we are owned by ING Bank N.V. We’ve combined trusted bank grade security and processes with innovative technologies to build Yolt for you.
Currently, Yolt is only available in the UK. If you're aged 18 or over, all you need is a bank account and a mobile phone registered in the UK.
Please send us your thoughts via the in-app option from the ‘more’ tab. To make things easier, we have prefilled some information for you. You can leave that as it is and add your feedback just above the text. Of course, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your security is our highest priority. Your data is protected, and we do not sell it. Your information is guarded. You can open the app using either your fingerprint or a personal five-digit PIN.
We respect your privacy and personal information. Yolt has been designed to provide insights while also keeping your details and data private. We will therefore only use the information that you agreed to share with us to further develop the app and provide other useful services to you. We do not sell your data.
Your phone number is an easy way to verify that you’re a real person. We send you a temporary security code during onboarding that activates the app before requesting a 5-digit PIN.
Due to security reasons, we cannot reset your PIN while in our Beta phase. This means you’ll have to delete and re-install Yolt and add your bank accounts again.
If at any point you’d like to stop using Yolt, you can send an email request to email@example.com We will remove your account and all your data from our systems in accordance with data protection regulation. Your feedback on the reason why you deleted the app, would be very helpful to us.
We will regularly release new versions of Yolt, and you'll be notified when an update is available.
To initiate a manual refresh simply head to the “Accounts” tab and “Pull down to refresh”.
You can also set up “sync on start”, this will sync your account every time you log in to Yolt. To do this, head to the “More” tab and toggle on the “Sync on Start” button.
Setting a budget is quick and easy, simply follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the 'Actions' Tab
2. Tap 'Set & track your budget'
3. Select the '+' icon
4. Choose the category in which you want to add a budget
5. You can then use the '+' & '-' icons to set your budget limit (this goes up and down in increments of £5)
6. Once you’ve chosen an amount for your budget, select 'Set'
Your budget should now be added to the Budgets list!
To change the category for a specific transaction, or for a set of similar transactions (from the same merchant) simply follow these steps:
1. Tap the “transactions” tab
2. Find the transaction and tap on it to open the transaction details page
3. From here you can view the current category the transaction is organised into
4. To change this, tap “Edit” and you’ll be prompted to select a new category
5. Then, tap either
‘Apply to similar transactions’ to organise this transaction plus similar ones from the past and future in the new category
‘Apply to just one transaction’ to simply change this individual transaction (and none from the past/ future)
To set up your payday simply navigate to the “More” tab and tap on “set up payday”.
There are two options here: either Yolt spots your salary or not, in which case we will ask you a few extra questions.
If Yolt spots your salary:
1. You’ll see a list of transactions that could potentially be your salary.
2. Tap your salary transaction, and in the future Yolt will recognise this as Payday.
note: Yolt will only recognise salary payments that appear for at least 3 months (prior payments).
If Yolt doesn’t spot your salary:
You’ll be given the option to choose when your salary will be paid into your account. You can choose from a range of options such as around the beginning or end of the month or even select a specific day of the month you get paid.
To add a new bill or subscription head to the "Actions" tab and tap on ‘Monitor bills and subscriptions’ and simply follow these steps:
1. Tap the '+' on the right-hand side of the screen.
2. Yolt will then display a list of bills and subscriptions for you to add.
* Don’t see a subscription or bill? You can manually add a transaction to this list, just head over to the “Transactions” tab:
1. Find the transaction and tap on it to open the transaction detail page.
2. Next, tap on the 3 dots icon on the top-right hand corner of the screen and select “mark as subscription”.
3. This transaction will now be in your list of bills and subscriptions and you can now head back to the “Monitor bills and subscriptions” list to set a renewal date.
Hiding accounts is quick and easy, simply follow these steps:
1. Head over to the “Accounts” tab
2. On the top-left hand corner of the screen, tap the pencil icon or ‘Edit’
3. Select which accounts you want to hide / unhide