Java Backend Engineer @Yolt
What you'll be doing as a Java Backend Engineer
You work within a team of Java, iOs, Android, iOS UX engineers and Data scientists to develop an outstanding customer proposition and you have strong knowledge and experience in designing, building and maintaining a back-end from scratch.
Performance, security and resilience are of upmost important, as we will be handling high load, customer data and want to deliver a service with maximum availability. The majority of our micro services is written in Java Spring Boot. We are looking for someone that is proficient in the aforementioned areas.
A good understanding and experience with Cassandra is needed and it’s great if you have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka and an event driven-architecture.
The backend has to be quality controlled by fully automated tests and have to be performance tested for which you will also be responsible. We work according to a SCRUM Agile development process and release working software regularly to production.
If you see yourself in this profile, we'd like to hear from you:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- 3-5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in creating highly scalable mission-critical applications.
- Strong skills in Java software development and experience in design and development of complex, secure and high-performance applications.
- Already living in The Netherlands or moving in the country soon.
- Excellent knowledge of Java including the Spring framework.
- Experience with Kubernetes and how to securely expose rest services from an environment.
- Experience with test driven development & test automation.
- Real world OO design experience and knowledge of design patterns.
- Knowledge of Cassandra.
- Experience with at least one scripting language.
- Experience with API platform tools like Apigee.
- Knowledge of of design and resilience patterns.
- Familiar with continuous Integration tools like: GIT, Jenkins, Sonar, Maven, Nexus and are able to configure these tools.
- Knowledge of JSON, REST, web-services.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum or as a Scrum Master.
What's in it for you:
- Flexible hours
- Ability to travel to other sites and get to know the local teams and culture
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING