What is the Yolt Money Jar?
The Yolt Money Jar is your very own virtual piggy bank – and it works without you even having to think about it. Simply top up your Yolt Card to use for your everyday spending, and the Yolt app will stow any spare change away in the Money Jar.
Can I control how much I save?
Absolutely. With Jar Boosters, you can choose how much cash you want to stash and how often:
• The Round Up will round up your transactions to the nearest pound, then stick the difference in your Money Jar
• The Set Saver allows you to choose how much cash you put away, and how often
• The Cashback Collector puts away the cashback you earn from Yolt’s in-app offers
Jar Boosters are a great way to put the accelerator on your saving, stashing extra pennies every time you spend. However, if you’re really watching your wallet, you can always switch to manual – that way you’re in complete control of when and how much you put away.
How do I know how much I’ve saved?
Simply check out the Money Jar in your Yolt Wallet. From here, you can make a withdrawal if you’re ready to spend your savings.
How can I get motivated to save more?
Glad you asked. What you need is the Money Jar Challenge.
It’ll encourage you to save £8 a week, giving you an extra £416 (at least) by the end of the year. The Yolt app will give you tips and motivation along the way, to help you boss your target and start a Saving Streak.
Check your Yolt Wallet to see how much you’ve saved each week and track your progress on the progress bar to see how close you are to hitting your savings target.
How can I put my savings into maximum overdrive?
That’s what we like to hear. Yolt has all sorts of prompts to help you stick away extra cash.
• Save on payday: we can send you a reminder on payday to stick a little away (before it’s too late)
• Pocket your bonus: made a little extra this month? We can remind you to put a share to one side
• Set a budget: if you’ve been a savvy spender this month, we’ll recommend you put aside what you would have usually spent
Before you know it, you’ll be watching those savings shoot up.
What can I do with my Money Jar savings?
This is the most important question really. And of course, it’s all up to you.
If you complete the Money Jar Challenge, you’ll finish each year with an extra £416 set aside. That could help you to have a very Merry Christmas, or go towards a cheeky weekend break.
Ready to start using the Yolt Money Jar?
Download the app and try it today.